Committing to a better customer experience during this time of heightened interest in the cryptoeconomy
First things first: We will never ask you to create test accounts on other platforms or provide your ID or banking information over email or social media. We want you to keep your accounts safe and to remind you to only reach out to us via help.coinbase.com or on one of our approved social media accounts.
By Casper Sorensen, Vice President, Customer Experience
As the VP of Customer Experience, I want to share some details about what we’re doing to improve your support experience. But before that, I want to reiterate that Coinbase is committed to serving you, our customers. It is an honor and responsibility that we take very seriously. We know that we have let many of you down and we are doing everything in our power to turn the page.
Here’s what’s going on
When there is heightened interest in the crypto space, we see an influx of support inquiries from both existing and new customers. We realize that many of you are experiencing delays in our response time. Whether you’re a new user or have been with us since day one, we recognize this is frustrating. This is not the experience we want for you, our customers.
Here’s how we’re committing to doing better
To provide you with a better and faster support experience:
- We’ve grown the size of our 24/7 customer support team by multiples and will continue to add more people to address your issues faster.
- We are adding more self-service options so you can resolve issues on your own time. We’re expanding our Help Center and just launched a new site, Coinbase Learn, as a one-stop-shop for first timers, experienced investors, and everyone in between.
- In the coming months, we’re rolling out a faster way to reach us through messaging where you can chat directly with Coinbase Support.
- We’re going to communicate more regularly with you on our progress via Coinbase Support social channels, which include Twitter and Reddit.
And here’s some help in the meantime
We have robust resources available in our Help Center. Here are some articles that customers find most helpful:
- How to create a Coinbase account
- ID document verification
- Steps to take if your account was compromised
Thank you for your patience and for always providing feedback on our product. We will continue to work every day to improve the product and customer experience, and will provide more updates on our progress going forward.
Committing to better customer service during this time of heightened interest in the cryptoeconomy was originally published in The Coinbase Blog on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.