The Interim Risk Team has placed an Executive Vote into the voting system which will enable the community to approve the following alterations to the protocol.
Increase the ETH, USDC-A, USDC-B, W-BTC, BAT debt ceilings
The Risk Team has requested that the debt ceilings be raised as an emergency measure due to the recent pressure on the Dai peg.
The Risk Team has called for the following changes:
- ETH debt ceiling to be increased from 260 to 340 million.
- USDC-A debt ceiling to be increased from 80 to 140 million.
- USDC-B debt ceiling to be increased from 10 to 30 million.
- W-BTC debt ceiling to be increased from 20 to 40 million.
- BAT debt ceiling to be increased from 3 to 5 million.
Please discuss the proposed changes in the Maker governance forum to inform your position before voting.
Voting for this proposal will place your MKR in support of implementing the changes outlined above.
If you are new to voting in the Maker Protocol, please see the voter onboarding guide to learn how to use this dashboard and set up your wallet to vote.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance Risk Framework: Governing MakerDAO
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 16:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.
The post Increase the ETH, USDC-A, USDC-B, W-BTC, BAT debt ceilings appeared first on Maker Blog.