May 4th to May 17th, 2020
- CKB v0.32.0 will be released on May 22 and Testnet Aggron will be reset on the same day.
- We are building two dApp development frameworks: Capsule and Lumos.
- CKB Explorer has a new look.
- Neuron v0.30.0 has been released.
Changes in CKB
We have delayed the release of v0.32.0 to this Friday (May 22) because of bugs:
- Fix collaboration issues between two protocol by driftluo (nervosnetwork/ckb#2075)
- Fix orphan block pool deadlock by quake (nervosnetwork/ckb#2074)
We will also reset the testnet Aggron on 22nd, see details in wiki.
- Make minor change to pow algorithm for testnet by yangby-cryptape (nervosnetwork/ckb#2028)
We are also working on:
- Improving RPC error messages and documentation.
- Implementing Chain Freezer to separate code and hot data in the database.
- Improving chain sync.
See more details in this public sprint board.
Changes in Dev Tools
We are busy building 2 useful development frameworks:
- Capsule: a Rust based smart contract development framework.
If you know the generator/validator separation of CKB, you would realize that capsule is for validator, while lumos is for generator. When working together, we expect them to provide top-level development experience on Nervos CKB.
Both frameworks are making good progress, and are expected to be released soon.
Changes in Applications
We have updated the UX of CKB Explorer
- Build a new main page theme with a large HUD.
- Introduce several new data charts.
Neuron v0.30.0 has been released
- Bundled with CKB node v0.31.1.
- Update UX components, including Settings, DAO page, and Experimental divider.
- Add operating system info in the Debug info.
We have release ckb-rich-node for dApp backend data source.
We are working on:
- CKB network node count analysis.
- New project Keypering (a Keyper agency) to handle the dApp interaction with CKB.
- sUDT support development and test on Neuron.
- sUDT and ACP code audit for mainnet deployment.
- Neuron backend refactoring.